Sanding Riding School
In order to provide a much safer place for very young children to learn riding one, of the green Paddocks has been converted into a 'Sanded Riding School' at 'Islamabad Club Riding Section'. Now children can learn riding in a safe and comfortable environment.
For registration please contact: Riding Club Reception: 051-8435650 or Lt. Col. (R) Nadeem Nazir Gill, Riding Manager: 051-8435652
Saddle Dining Room
The Saddle Room in the recently built Riding Club House is a welcome addition to the fine dining experience of Islamabad. The building as its name tells, provides the club house facilities for the rider members of Islamabad Club in particular and other Islamabad Club members at large on the ground floor of the building, while the Saddle Room is located on the first floor where the ambiance of the rustic interior of the building is enhanced to the level that it meets the demands of an exclusive dining facility which the Saddle Room is.
The forty persons dining area spills out into a casual verandah with a seating capacity of 20 persons overlooking the riding area, paddocks and the beautiful greens beyond on one end, while the lounge is so placed that it also has the breath taking view of Murree hills.
The formal (dining), semi-formal (Lounge) and the casual (verandah) areas of the Saddle Room are so divided that they offer the members a choice to pick where they want to be seated and enjoy their food. The menu offers a variety of salads, steaks, continental specialties and desserts.
For reservations please contact:
051-9046224-5 or 8435650
E-mail: [email protected]
The Islamabad Club has recently revamped it's horse riding facilities with professional management and new horses, suitable for riders at various levels. We have three riding rings of different sizes and aim to provide a safe and enjoyable riding experience for our members and guests. For experienced riders we have a scenic riding trail which passes through our polo ground area and ends up at Kashmir Highway.
Learning Riding - Options
We are keen to promote the sport of horse riding amongst all, especially children. The basic equitation skill is taught by professional trainers through specially streamlined classes, in one of the following formats:-
Children Classes: Depending upon the number of registered students, each student can choose to take two classes on any two days,from Tuesday and Friday, between 4pm to 6pm. Children will learn basic equestrian skills as well as other aspects of horsemanship.
- Adult Classes: Riding is a pleasure of life which is not limited by age. We believe it’s never too late to learn horseback riding. The classes are held over the weekend, i-e on Saturday and Sunday, in two sessions.
- Ride Outs for Students: When the students are appropriately trained, they are taken out for fun rides, over our three km riding track, under the supervision of experienced teachers or escorts.
Casual Riding – Options
- Casual Riding: We have an excellent riding ring where experienced riders can have the pleasure to ride casually or to polish their riding skills, under expert advice.
- Cross Country Rides: Experienced riders are provided the opportunity to enjoy ride outs in groups, under the close supervision of experienced escorts. This option could be used during the entire week both in the morning and also in the evening.
- Night Riding: Islamabad Club Riding Section takes pride in offering the riders, an exquisite experience of night riding, at one of the best night riding facilities in Pakistan. During the winter season, this facility can be availed from 6pm to 7pm. Riders can also avail the facility to reserve their time slots and also the preferred horse (if fit for ride), during the night ride.
Group Riding Packages
One of the riding rings can be exclusively reserved for various groups like schools, corporate entities, government departments or any other group of interested riders. The salient features of this offer are:
- A minimum of 7 riders would be required to form a group.
- Charges would be Rs. 750 (plus tax) per rider, per 45 minutes.
- Instructors will be available during group riding sessions, free of cost.
- Reservations for group riding sessions can be made three days in advance.
All classes are run by experienced instructors under the active supervision of senior management of the Club.
For further enquiries, please contact us at [email protected] or call our Riding Manager, Col Nadeem Gill, at 051-8435650.